Thursday, November 15, 2012

Work Together


Reviled Chaff-

            Pestilence informs me that his patient is feeling particularly bitter toward your minister. Were you aware of this? If you were, why didn’t you include it in your last report? If not, why not? Aren’t you communicating with your coworkers? You must all work together in order to have the greatest effect on your situation.
            I know what I am about to tell you cuts against every fiber of your being, but you must trust me. When I was a tempter, I was very successful. I know more about how to effectively thwart our enemy and torment souls than you do. If I didn’t I wouldn’t be a manager. And I had a manager over me then, too. He wasn’t as gifted as me, but he was useful. He did for me what I am trying to do for you. I am here to give you ideas for how to proceed that you might not have considered. I can tell you based upon my experience the best method of attack. Another mind working on the problem from a distance gives some objectivity and is able to draw on experiences you do not have. In the unlikely event we run into a big problem that I cannot handle, I can talk with other managers and even go to the superintendent for advice.
            As your superior I could order you to tell me everything that happens, but that would make your reports very tedious. Besides, you should be able to differentiate between what is useful to our cause and what is not. If you demonstrate that you cannot I will have to request a different tempter take your place so that you can return to your last job in the pit. Your file says you were very effective there, which is what allowed you to move up. Still, you would not be the first who was promoted beyond his ability.
            Regardless, I believe you are capable and I assure you that I seek nothing more than your success. So be sure to communicate with your fellows, include useful information in your reports, and remember that you need not fear me. I am here to support you and help you succeed.
            Now, about your minister. Pestilence’s patient believes she finds nothing wrong with homosexuality. Is it true? Does she believe homosexuals are worthy of full inclusion in the church, just as heterosexuals are? This could be dangerous to us. As I told Pestilence, do not proceed with any attack on this issue until we are certain where your charge stands. We must let the animosity and confusion rest for now so that it can do its work.
            This could be very beneficial for us down the road, of course. Human sexuality is one of the great mysteries and is so easily perverted. Fortunately the humans do not understand sexuality either. Even our most experienced investigators have been unable to understand it. What would motivate the enemy to create anything that forces you to give up what is yours? Why would anyone share power? Why would he have filled such a puerile action with sensations that give humans such pleasure? And why were these pleasures given to these lower creatures and not to us as well? Do we not also seek pleasure? I believe this may be a sign that the enemy does not care for the things he made, just as the Evil One says. Why else would he withhold the things that we want from us?
            Regardless, human sexuality has always been something we can use to our advantage. We can pervert it into pain, shame, guilt, fear and inferiority to name just a few of the useful emotions it can bring out. And as our lord tells us, he is the one who twisted the world so that at least some people would disdain members of the opposite sex in favor of the same sex, preventing the birth of more children. How the humans respond to one another on this issue is very entertaining. Sex has done more to ensure we receive souls than any other temptation. In more ways that one! It is probably our enemy’s greatest mistake.
            For now, though, it is best if your minister does not mention sexuality at all. Give Pestilence some time to further harden his charge’s position while beginning to form a faction of people who can oppose the minister openly. As I said before, your operating principle must be to keep them from communicating with one another openly. The longer these divisive feelings are hidden from your minister and the embittered pew-sitter, the greater the effect that can result. So give it time. But do be sure to find out what she believes.

In agony,
Dross

No comments:

Post a Comment